The Pursuit of Progress
Opinions revolving aroundthe problems, grievances, and solutions to life in Indonesia.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

The $2 million dollar president

I talked to an Iranian acquaintance yesterday. He told me that there was news about Susilo (the Iranians call him Susili due to the lack of the letter 'o') on Iranian television. He told me he was amazed that the Indonesian presidents gets many facilities including a house (I assume the presidential palace), swimming pool, and bodyguards. The television states that the country spends 2 million dollars a year to run the facilities.

That sounds about right.

He also added, that the Iranian President has to rent his own house (meaning not enough money to buy the house).

"Well," I sarcastically told him. "That's because Indonesia is a rich country. Not like Iran."

My friend added "and Indonesia does not spend all its money on uranium."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home